Best Dental Doctor In Bellandur | Dr. Nandini Nelivigi
Before You Begin
Positioning the Toothbrush
Step 1: Hold the brush at about 450 angle to the tooth surface facing the gums.
Step 2: Do a back and forth movement equal to the width of the tooth and then slide the brush towards the other jaw
Step 3: Do the same repeatedly on every tooth both on the outer and inner surface of the tooth
Step 4: Brush the chewing surface of the tooth with a back and forth movement
Two Minutes, Twice a Day
Brushing all your teeth in this manner thoroughly should take about 2 mints. Please make sure you brush your teeth twice a day without fail. Brushing should be on your mind as the first thing when you get up in the morning and before you retire to bed every day.
Hygiene of Tooth Brush
- Keep a separate toothbrush for yourself and do not use anybody else’s toothbrush as there may be bacterial contamination.
- Rinse your brush thoroughly with water both before and after brushing.
- Do not keep the brush-covered after brushing. Keep it open to the exterior so that it dries.
- Change your brush to a new one in every 3-4 months
- Do not buy a hard bristle brush. Use a soft or medium bristle brush only with a comfortable head.
- While traveling always cover the head of the toothbrush with a case.
Step 1: Cut about 18inches of floss from the floss dispenser.
Step2: Wind most of the floss on one of the middle finger and remaining on the middle finger of the other hand.
Step 3: The finger that is wound with less floss will take up the dirty floss as you continue to floss.
Step 4: Now hold both sides of the floss tightly with your thumb and index finger of both hands.
Step 5: Slide the floss gently between your teeth make sure you do not snap the floss down between teeth. This will injury your gums and lead to bleeding.
Step 6: Holding the floss tightly and move your hands ahead to make a C shape and slide it against the tooth surface then move the hands backwards and do the same to the other tooth surface.
Step 7: Keep winding the used surface of the floss on the finger that had minimum floss.
Step 8: Repeat this process between all teeth. Do not forget the last tooth and the most distal surface.