Best Minor Surgical Procedures treatment in Bellandur | Bangalore
Best Minor Surgical Procedures treatment in Bellandur | Bangalore. At Nelivigi Dental Clinic Minor surgical procedures include all the dental procedures that are done on the dental chair administering a local anesthetic. These may include
- Extraction of an impacted wisdom tooth/teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Excision of a mucocele
- Periodontal surgeries (gum surgery)
- Biopsy etc.,
All these procedures are done under local anesthesia. The local anesthesia blocks the conduction of impulses through the nerve and hence the patient will not experience any pain during the procedure.
Impactions: It would be many a time necessary to remove the wisdom tooth as these teeth may not be well-formed or may not be erupting in the right place in the arch. They will not be very useful in chewing food.
- Cheek biting
- Pericoronitis (inflammation of the gingival flap covering the tooth)
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Difficulty or pain on mouth opening and closure in the back areas of the jaw
If the wisdom tooth develops a cavity it is quite difficult to fill the cavity because of the problem in accessibility and maintaining a moisture-free area for restorative material to set.
For these reasons, you may be advised extraction of the wisdom tooth.
- Mucocele: The ducts which come from minor salivary glands in the cheek may sometimes get blocked (ex because of trauma) and a small swelling may appear in the cheek. When there is repeated mucocele formation in the same area excision of the mucocele becomes the treatment.
- Apicectomy: Sometimes when there is a big peri-apical lesion and the tooth is root canal treated and drainage of the infection of this area is not completely possible from the root canals, we need to reach the apex of the tooth from outside clear the infection and seal the canal at the apex to save the tooth. This procedure is called apicectomy.
- Frenectomy: Frenum is a soft tissue structure that runs from the labial aspect of the alveolar bone to the lip (labial frenum) and from the under the surface of the tongue to the lingual alveolar bone (lingual frenum). When the labial frenum is positioned very high it can cause a gap opening between the front teeth. When the lingual frenum is short it causes a condition called tongue tie. This condition causes difficulty in speech. In both these cases, the frenum needs to be operated to correct the condition.
- Periodontal (gum) surgeries: When the alveolar bone between teeth resorbs it forms a periodontal pocket. This condition will lead to mobility of teeth. In order to improve the condition of the teeth, we need to intervene surgically and add bone or soft tissue grafts as the situation demands to help get the teeth into a healthier condition.
Best Minor Surgical Procedures treatment in Bellandur | Bangalore. At Nelivigi Dental Clinic doctor says that some dental procedures require surgery at a small scale. For example, these minor dental surgical procedures would include dental implants and tooth extractions.