Best Root Canal Treatment in Bellandur | Bangalore
Best Root Canal Treatment in Bellandur | Bangalore | Nelivigi Dental Clinic.
A root canal is a treatment to repair and save a badly damaged or infected tooth instead of removing it. The procedure involves removing the damaged area of the tooth (the pulp) and cleaning and disinfecting it, then filling and sealing it. The common causes affecting the pulp are a cracked tooth, a deep cavity, repeated dental treatment to the tooth or trauma to it. The term “root canal” comes from cleaning of the canals inside the tooth’s root.
- The outer most covering of the tooth is enamel within which will be dentin and the innermost portion is the pulp.
The pulp is the vital part of the tooth which carries nerves and blood vessels for the tooth.
- But when caries deepens and reaches pulpit needs Root Canal treatment. At this point, the patient may / may not experience pain in the tooth and may even have swelling of the area depending on the extent of infection.
- Root canal treatment involves removal of pulp and filling the canals with an inert material called gutta percha. Then
a post-endodontic filling is done in the crown portion of the tooth.
- The tooth will require a crown/cap since the tooth needs to be given a good size, form, shape, and strength for its
functionality and an aesthetically pleasing appearance. Also, the tooth loses its hydration and starts getting brittle over
a period of time and there are high chances that it may undergo a fracture if not capped.
- Hence capping all the posterior teeth is an absolute must. However, if the anterior tooth has not decayed much and is
not causing an esthetic concern one may get away without a crown.
Sometimes antibiotic therapy may be needed during root canal treatment and intracanal medicaments may also be required.
The same will be advised by your dentist. Pain may persist in the tooth following RCT and will gradually start reducing
and will be completely gone by approximately 2 weeks.
- Usually, a well-treated Root canal tooth can last decades if oral hygiene maintenance is good by a person and you take
care of the tooth well.
Best Root Canal Treatment in Bellandur | Bangalore. At Nelivigi Dental Clinic, Dr. Nandini Nelivigi has expertise in root canal treatments and very good in handling patients and results are up to the mark.