Best Denture Implants in Bellandur | Bangalore
Best Denture Implants in Bellandur | Bangalore | Nelivigi Dental Clinic. When a patient has lost all the teeth in the arch there is no option but to go in for a complete denture to restore the function and esthetics of the oral cavity.
The disadvantage of using a regular complete denture:
- The alveolar bone starts resorbing if it is not constantly stimulated. The root of the tooth which is embedded in the alveolar bone passes the masticatory forces on to the alveolar bone thus stimulating it to keep it in a healthy condition. Once a tooth is lost the stimulation to the alveolar bone is also lost and hence the bone starts resorbing. Therefore in a complete denture wearer over a period of time, the alveolar bone resorbs and the denture becomes loose.
- Long-term denture wearers, would have lost a lot of alveolar bone and the dentures will be no more stable in the mouth and they keep getting loose and dropping down the arch.
- Whereas, in an implant supported denture the implant is placed inside the alveolar bone like a root of a tooth and hence can significantly reduce bone resorption. An implant supported denture can be placed on only 4 implants in each arch. Thus, it is an easy procedure to accomplish.
Indications of implant supported denture:
- Patients with very little available alveolar bone for dentures
- Long-term denture wearers with lost alveolar bone
- People who are conscious and want a fixed denture instead of removable ones
- The implant supported denture can be fixed on the implant like a bridge and thus the fixed denture give a lot of confidence to the patient.
- Placing implants in the socket immediately after extraction, loss of alveolar bone can be prevented and the health of the bone can thus be preserved. Bone grafts can also be placed in the socket after extraction, as a socket preservation technique to prevent bone loss.
Best Denture Implants in Bellandur | Bangalore | Nelivigi Dental Clinic. Dr. Nandini Nelivigi says If you are missing all of your teeth, an implant-supported full bridge or full denture can replace them.