Best Gum Diseases treatment in Bellandur | Bangalore
Best Gum Diseases treatment in Bellandur | Bangalore | Nelivigi Dental Clinic. Gum diseases initially begin in the gingiva, if left untreated may involve the periodontium and may finally lead to loss of alveolar bone and tooth loss.
- Red, swollen and tender gums
- Puffiness of the gums
- Bleeding on brushing and eating hard food
- Bad breath
- Gum recession
- Periodontal pocket due to bone loss
- Tooth shifting its position
- Accumulation of tartar
- Hormonal imbalance
- Certain drugs
- Habits like smoking
- Periodontium: Every tooth is attached to the alveolar bone with a ligament called periodontal ligament. When infection and inflammation happen in the periodontal ligament the alveolar bone also resorbs and a pocket develops. A periodontal pocket can be because of horizontal or vertical bone resorption. These areas act as a reservoir of plaque and tartar and lead to further bone loss. In case of a formation of pocket, the patient may require deep cleaning (with laser cleaning of the pocket) and bone and soft tissue graft. A periodontal surgery may be indicated in these cases.
- To keep the gums and periodontal tissue in good health a regular bi-annual checkup and oral prophylaxis (scaling and polishing) at the dentist is recommended. Scaling and polishing are done using an ultrasonic scaler. The ultrasonic scaler tip vibrates at a very high speed dislodging the calculus deposits on the teeth. It does not have any detrimental effect on the enamel. Once the deposits are removed a round of polishing is done to make the surface of the tooth smooth. A smoother surface has fewer chances of tartar formation.
- It is recommended to brush your teeth twice a day. Brushing teeth at night is as important as brushing teeth in the morning. It is generally recommended to floss your teeth once a day at bedtime. We can avoid many dental problems from developing if you brush and floss your teeth well.
Best Gum Diseases treatment in Bellandur | Bangalore | Nelivigi Dental Clinic. Dr. Nandini Nelivigi says that mild variety is called gingivitis. When you have that, If you don’t treat it, the infection can travel below your gum line and into your bone. Then it becomes a more serious form of gum disease.