Dental Clinic in Bellandur | Nelivigi Dental Clinic
Teeth and gums need proper care and hygiene to stay healthy. This can be achieved by regular flossing and brushing. Moreover, consulting your dentist at the best dental clinic in bellandur at regular intervals for cleanings and dental exams is important too. Long-lasting oral hygiene and a beautiful smile can be attained with preventive dentistry.
On the other hand, unhealthy eating habits and careless dental hygiene are a challenge for a set of healthy and sparkling teeth. There will be numerous bacteria thriving in our mouth that are built up as plaque resulting in cavities, gingivitis, and related gum diseases. A healthy smile can only be obtained by practicing good oral hygiene.
What is good oral hygiene?
When you have good oral hygiene, you can chew your food properly without any discomfort and toothache. Good oral hygiene eventually results in a mouth that looks and smells healthy. To maintain this, you must maintain clean teeth that are debris free. The gums must look pink in color and must not bleed when you floss or brush. You must also not face an issue of bad breath all time.
In case you feel your gums hurt or bleed while brushing, or have consistent bad breath then you must consult a dentist. You can always visit the best dental clinic in Bellandur to know more about your dental problem. A dentist will be able to guide you on the correct oral hygiene methods and point out areas in your mouth that need more attention. A deficit in oral hygiene can lead to tooth decay and erosion, bad breath, gum disorder, toothache, sensitivity, or a repulsive smile.
How to practice good oral hygiene?
Proper teeth and gum maintenance are crucial for longevity and health. Healthy gums and teeth not only look good, but also contribute to proper eating, speaking, and overall well-being. As a general recommendation, proper brushing and flossing twice a day prevent any upcoming problems that can be worrying, painful, and expensive to get repaired. A few simple steps along with regular dental visits can go a long way in achieving good oral hygiene.
Few simple steps and techniques to maintain good oral hygiene
- Practice early – Dental care must start for children as early as 6 months of age. Growing kids must be taught proper methods to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Rinse post meals – Besides brushing and flossing, the mouth must be rinsed with antibacterial mouthwash after every meal or post having sugary snacks.
- Use fluoride toothpaste – The element called fluoride prevents tooth decay and strengthens them. Pick a toothpaste that contains fluoride for oral health.
- Eating right – Age-appropriate food gives you the essential nutrients for growth and health. Eating a combination of a well-balanced diet that includes grains, nuts, pulses, and dairy provides all the required nutrients.
- Brush and floss twice daily – Brushing and flossing twice a day does help in maintaining oral health. But apart from this regular maintenance, problems may persist that can be avoided by replacing your toothbrush at regular intervals and if required using braces and special toothbrushes after consulting your orthodontist.
Proper brushing techniques
A toothbrush must be held at a 45degree angle against the gum line to properly roll and sweep away. Gentlybrush inside, outside and teeth surface with back and forth strokes. Brush your tongue as well to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
You can also use a string of floss for further cleaning between teeth. You can gently follow the teeth’ curves with a swing motion. Be careful while cleaning the gum beneath the gum line to cause any hurt to your gum line.
Optimal dental health can be achieved with good oral hygiene practice. Following a daily routine of brushing, flossing, and regular dental checkups can detect your dental problems before they get worse. To know about proper dental care and following good oral hygiene, visit the best dental clinic in Bellandur.